Toledano and Reusch Office Records. This collection documents the historic Pickwick building, located at the corner of Carondelet and Canal Streets, 1882-1894. Originally owned by the Heine brothers in Paris, the structure was acquired by Bob Rivers for use as a hotel in 1894. New Orleans architects Toledano and Reusch modernized the fire-gutted building as the Hotel Pickwick.
The structure is visible at center left in the photograph above. It was demolished in the spring of 1948 to make room for the Gus Mayer building, today a CVS.
Image above: Unidentified photographer. Canal Street [Detail]. 25 November 1929. Visual Materials Collection, Southeastern Architectural Archive, Special Collections Division, Tulane University Libraries.