F. Monroe Labouisse Office Records. Labouisse joined the American Institute of Architects in 1946, and the following year he became a named partner with Moise H. Goldstein and Frederick D. Parham (1893-1971), practicing as Goldstein, Parham and Labouisse from 1947-1962. The firm was most noted for its participation in designing the modernist New Orleans Civic Center, the Moisant [New Orleans International Airport] and its extensive participation in campus planning for Dillard and Tulane Universities. The firm’s Petrolane Gas Company building garnered local praise for its “striking appearance on the highway by day and night.” Additionally, the partners produced a wide range of residential projects that emulated historic structures and the region’s distinctive ironwork and fenestration.
Image above: Goldstein, Parham, & Labouisse, architects. Proposed Storefront for Southern Blue Print Company. New Orleans, LA. Undated. Pencil and colored pencil on tracing paper. F. Monroe Labouisse Office Records, Southeastern Architectural Archive, Special Collections Division, Tulane University Libraries.