Here, an undated photograph of the structure when it was called the Grunewald, with a view towards the Kress Department Store on Canal Street. The Southeastern Architectural Archive maintains extensive documentation of the Roosevelt's various manifestations, from earliest drawings by architect L.H. Lambert (1893) to blueprints by H.C. Koch & Sons and Toledano, Wogan & Bernard (1906-07) and Favrot & Livaudais (1924-25) to drawings by Weiss, Dreyfous & Seiferth (1933-38), Freret & Wolf (1947-48), Weiss & Silverstein (1949), Sporl & Maxwell (1949-51), AND Murvan M. Maxwell & Assoc. (1953-54).
Image above: Unknown photographer. Hotel Grunewald, 123 Baronne Street, New Orleans, undated. Miscellaneous Photographs Collection, Southeastern Architectural Archive, Special Collections Division, Tulane University Libraries.